Is There Any Way To Register For The Mcat This Late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pigg-O-Stat

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it still possible by any means to take the August '06 MCAT??

Members don't see this ad.

I would if I thought it would help. Does anybody have any ideas for me? This will be terrible if I don't get to take it.

aberkovi said:
I would if I thought it would help. Does anybody have any ideas for me? This will be terrible if I don't get to take it.

Get a time machine. You may try to research this by watching Back to the Future.

Members don't see this ad :)
aberkovi said:

Why is it terrible? Are you applying this year/Did you start applying already? Just take another year and don't put yourself at a disadvantage with the August test.

My time machine is in the shop and I am not particularly interested in waiting until April. I need to find a way to take it this August 19th. Does anybody know any non-science fiction way of registering at this point?

no need to wait till april, they going to start offering it in jan now too :)

aberkovi said:
My time machine is in the shop and I am not particularly interested in waiting until April. I need to find a way to take it this August 19th. Does anybody know any non-science fiction way of registering at this point?
Sorry dude. Registration is closed. July 28th was the last day.

Since when do they offer January MCAT? This would still be too late for this admissions cycle.

aberkovi said:
Since when do they offer January MCAT? This would still be too late for this admissions cycle.

They're just starting additional administrations with the onset of the CBT exam in January.

ETA: And yes, it would be too late for this cycle.

Sorry, dude, but you're hosed on this one as far as I can tell.

aberkovi said:

They're changing a lot about the MCAT administration because the MCAT will be computer-based next year. Regardless, it's too late to register to take the MCAT for use towards the current application cycle. Sorry.

Somebody? Anybody? Come on people, use your imaginations and come up with something for me here! Maybe you know someone who found a way around the system, took the test in Mexico, took it on Sunday for religious reasons, had the right excuse, anything?????

aberkovi said:
Somebody? Anybody? Come on people, use your imaginations and come up with something for me here! Maybe you know someone who found a way around the system, took the test in Mexico, took it on Sunday for religious reasons, had the right excuse, anything?????

Sorry pal, there's really nothing anybody can do.

aberkovi said:

Wait until January or after that to take the test and don't apply this year. So relax and take a year off if you are done with school or enjoy your final year to strengthen your application.

Have you been studying for the August test already? If so why didn't you register months ago? If you weren't studying why would you want to take the test?

aberkovi said:
It sounds to me that you've not done enough research on the subject, especially if you didnt know about the CBT. Which leads me to wonder....are you sure you're ready for this thing? Take everyone's advice, RELAX, and take it in the spring. One year is not going to make a difference in the long run, but a better score definitely will.