Is there anything I can do to increase my chances after the interview?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DZT, Sep 15, 2002.

1. DZT

DZT Senior Member

Hey y'all, I just had a med school interview the other day and I was wondering whether there was really anything I could do to increase my chances. My Kaplan instructor told me that he sent letters weekly to the schools on what his plans/news were for the week and constantly reaffirming his interest in the medical school. Does that sound excessively weird? Even if I did send out a letter or two, does it really matter? Thanks, folks.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Explosivo

Explosivo blah!

Well if you really want to go there you can write a "letter of intent" where you state your interest in the medical school and that you will matriculate there if accepted.

As for writing a letter each week, your Kaplan instructor is a psychopath. This would in all likelihood piss off the medical school with all the extra correspondence they would have to deal with. Don't do this, it's silly.

My advice is to write a thank you letter to your interviewers and write a letter of intent if you're really serious. I'd also send an update or two if there is anything significant you need to tell them. Keep in touch with them but don't be excessive and annoying.

4. Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003] Platinum Member

once a week is too much. Writing something once a month would make more sense.

5. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member

Excessively weird? YES! Don't stalk them. Just make sure they know that you are very interested in their school...

On a side note...was it the Princeton undergrad tour people who were talking about the guy who camped out at Princeton until they accepted him?... On another side note, I had the hottest tour guide at Princeton of any school I visited...

-RA