Is there anything like Pathoma for micro?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheSeanieB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any videos that are comparable to Pathoma for microbio?

Members don't see this ad.

Kaplan's microbiology videos were alright. I felt my school's lectures prepared me pretty damn well in terms of clinically relevant micro.

I've never heard of micro videos in relation to Step1.

Just muscle out the Microcards, by Sanjiv. They are pretty much the best resource you can find out there for micro.

+1

The Microcards were absolutely amazing. I only wish that they didn't say the organism's name on the front of the card as well -- made it harder to quiz myself. Also, I liked CMMRS for bacteria and parasites (it was pretty weak for viruses, IMHO) -- it was an easy read, because of the way it's written, and some of the mnemonics/pictures are ridiculous enough that you remember stuff for a long time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've never heard of micro videos in relation to Step1.

Just muscle out the Microcards, by Sanjiv. They are pretty much the best resource you can find out there for micro.

oh thanks a lot for the information. i would try in sha allah. be blessed man.

I've noticed the microcards have a lot of extra little details that FA doesn't have.
I've seen these details show up in gunnertraining as well.

Would you say Microcards are a HY resource and we should know all the nitty gritty, or should we use them as an overview and then only worry about what is found in FA?

Ex: Y. Pestis Antigens or the pathogenesis of a lot of bugs isn't in FA, but it is found in microcards and GT.

I hope you would excuse me for this post,

but does anyone here have a soft copy of Lippincott Microcards: Sanjiv Harpavat, lying in your hard disk?

Could you pm me in that case?

I looked up at Amazon, and the price is kind of expensive for me right now.

Would be awesome if someone has it.

Thanks

Would you say Microcards are a HY resource and we should know all the nitty gritty, or should we use them as an overview and then only worry about what is found in FA?

Ex: Y. Pestis Antigens or the pathogenesis of a lot of bugs isn't in FA, but it is found in microcards and GT.

Can anyone answer this brother's question, too?