Is there anyway to obtain the Pathoma book only?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Transformers

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have the pathoma pdf, but color printing looks expensive at 50 cents a page at my university or kinkos...it boggles my mind that it costs $84 for 3 months and $99 for 1 year on the pathoma website and i kind of wish they offered the pathoma text-only as an option. I was basically planning on annotating it with my lectures and was wondering if anyone has a better option

Members don't see this ad.

No you can't. I wouldn't recommend doing the book without the videos- Dr Sattar is excellent at explaining and breaking down concepts. I recommend purchasing, rather than using the bootlegged PDF (the pdf isn't the final edition of the book anyway), it's really quite cheap, especiallu if compared to the terrible Kaplan path lectures

ok but what about the book alone, my friend has a subscription so I'll share with him to watch the videos...now I just need access to a hardcopy book!

Members don't see this ad :)
Really, that price boggles your mind? Have you seen the cost of Kaplan or DIT courses??

This course is definitely worth the money. I try not to be self-righteous, but it sucks that people are bootlegging one of the few valuable step 1 training courses that's also kept at a very reasonable price.

Reactions: 1 user
ok but what about the book alone, my friend has a subscription so I'll share with him to watch the videos...now I just need access to a hardcopy book!

dude the Pathoma book only, without the lectures, is WORTHLESS, and I cannot believe you can't spend $100 bucks on the course!!!

well to be perfectly honest, that was the case and I do feel a bit guilty since I realize dr. sattar deserves every penny....but med schools been expensive to say the least with a lot of other expenses and I was lucky to split access to the videos with my friend (although he paid a bit more to keep the book)...hence I will watch the videos but I have no book (I do have the pdf)...now my only question is how important it is for me to have the images in Pathoma in color? I could totally use the black and white and maybe WebPath (a more complete image source to reference)...sorry to piss people off, dr. sattar is the man no doubt

Last edited by a moderator:
Do pathoma videos change every year?
I was able to get the videos from a friend with the pdf but think i'll do better with the actual book which i would be getting from amazon

Omg pathoma is SOOO overrated it is NOT even funny, you could pay 100 bucks for what he offers but it is def not what people/their marketing people describe it is , he is NOT so special at breaking down concepts and stuff he is good yep but NOTHING special, like can't compare to fischer and golijan, he is more like average teacher... but yea price he keeps is still reasonable compared to kaplan/DIT,which are Way overpriced, i would suggest you to just print that pdf black/white , point is i don't think you HAVE to buy/watch his videos and his book is not that amazing as well..

Omg pathoma is SOOO overrated it is NOT even funny, you could pay 100 bucks for what he offers but it is def not what people/their marketing people describe it is , he is NOT so special at breaking down concepts and stuff he is good yep but NOTHING special, like can't compare to fischer and golijan, he is more like average teacher... but yea price he keeps is still reasonable compared to kaplan/DIT,which are Way overpriced, i would suggest you to just print that pdf black/white , point is i don't think you HAVE to buy/watch his videos and his book is not that amazing as well..

Wrong!

The video subscription is worth $99, or whatever it is these days. I understand this $hit gets expensive, but I wouldn't recommend pirating this one.

That said, if you're really desperate for a free/cheap book, ask around the third years at your school-- you'll probably be able to find someone who will part with theirs since they're done with Step 1. Almost guarantee it'll be pre-annotated, but you get what you pay for.

I'll sell you my Pathoma book if you want it. It has some annotations and stuff but the text is all there and clearly visible. PM me if you wanna talk

Reactions: 1 user