Is there going to be a rejection letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gotmilk1234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied during the 2015-2016 cycle and was wait listed at a couple schools. Just out of curiosity since the school year is starting within the next week or so, do schools typically send out rejection letters to those wait listed or do they just ghost us?

Edit: I have already been accepted to a school that I am happy with and will be starting in a couple days. Mainly asking out of curiosity since I was wait listed at a couple other schools and have not heard anything from them.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I applied during the 2015-2016 cycle and was waitlisted at a couple schools. Just out of curiosity since the school year is starting within the next week or so, do schools typically send out rejection letters to those waitlisted or do they just ghost us?

Some do (mostly emails) and some I've found don't or at least they haven't yet. Didn't matter much since I was accepted. At this point chances are unlikely that you will get called off a wait list, but never know. I wouldn't hinge my future on it and wait on sending out apps if I were you.

I have been accepted somewhere else that I am happy with. I was asking mainly out of curiosity. Personally, I think it would be nice for them to send out courtesy emails and encourage students to reapply, instead of just ignoring them

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied during the 2015-2016 cycle and was waitlisted at a couple schools. Just out of curiosity since the school year is starting within the next week or so, do schools typically send out rejection letters to those waitlisted or do they just ghost us?
You will get an e-mail rejection letter at some point. Then, many schools will send you invites to apply to their MS in Biomedical Sciences program to make you a better applicant in the future. Personally, I think this is a bit money grubbing. $$$

This will totally depend upon the school, and how much your app has improved over the previous year.