Is this 1 Activity or 4?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gold96

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there, i have volunteered at the same hospital for a year or two now, but doing completely different things (40 hours each)
For example: 1) Cardiac Gym
2) Occupational Therapy
3) Physiotherapy
4) Book bus volunteer

All 4 involved me doing different things, but at the same location. Would "Hospital Volunteering" be the 1 activity i can put, or can i get away with putting this as 4 different things?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there, i have volunteered at the same hospital for a year or two now, but doing completely different things (40 hours each)
For example: 1) Cardiac Gym
2) Occupational Therapy
3) Physiotherapy
4) Book bus volunteer

All 4 involved me doing different things, but at the same location. Would "Hospital Volunteering" be the 1 activity i can put, or can i get away with putting this as 4 different things?
Why court an impression that you've "fluffed up" your application, when all the roles have the same organization, location, and contact? A 160 hour clinical experience entry of long duration will have far more positive impact than 4 brief ones with 40 hours each.

Is it all within the same program? Honestly putting four separate activities at the same hospital for 40 hours each seems kind of weak. 160 hours spread over four specialties is a more powerful application point.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why court an impression that you've "fluffed up" your application, when all the roles have the same organization, location, and contact? A 160 hour clinical experience entry of long duration will have far more positive impact than 4 brief ones with 40 hours each.

In a related question, say that a clinical volunteering work was done at three hospitals over the course of 2-3 years. Ideally we would like to group this as one category, but there's only one slot for contact information. Should we list the most recent hospital volunteering as the contact info?

In a related question, say that a clinical volunteering work was done at three hospitals over the course of 2-3 years. Ideally we would like to group this as one category, but there's only one slot for contact information. Should we list the most recent hospital volunteering as the contact info?
Yes, and in reverse chronological order, add the relevant dates, hours, location, and contact for the other two hospitals in the narrative space, along with description and role. The Total Hours space can add the three subtotals.