Is this a bad sign, no interviews yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vidtaker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Story: I haven't received any interview invites yet and i've been seeing that a lot of you have already been getting them....

Questions:
1. should i have received any by now?

2. when should I start being worried?

3. What batch would you consider me to be?
:confused:

Timeline
June 8: e-submitted

July 5: last transcript recieved

July 13: application verified

July 20: first e-mail from a school that my application has been recieved

August 1-7: supplemental applications completed and sent to the appropriate institutions

August 3: LOR's recieved by AADSAS

August 10: Evaluations mailed

Also: I'm a Canadian applicant, and my Canadian DAT has been recieved by all institutions

Schools
NYU
LLU
Detroit Mercy
Pittsburgh
Penn
Minnesota
Boston
Nova
Maryland
Buffalo

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It would helpful to include your stats. However, I wouldn't be too worried at this point it is still very early for many schools.

It would helpful to include your stats. However, I wouldn't be too worried at this point it is still very early for many schools.

thanks!

stats

GPA - 3.46
BCP - 3.51
Sci - 3.38
nsci - 3.54

TS/AA/PAT - 20/20/22

Members don't see this ad :)
im in the same situation as you and similar stats,and no interviews yet :(

A lot of schools won't even look at your application until you have the required LORs in. I wouldn't worry. From what I can tell, a bunch of schools start sending out the bulk of their interviews in the coming weeks and on into the beginning/middle of September. Take a chill pill and try to shake off that SDNitis.

im in the same situation as you and similar stats,and no interviews yet :(

Are you also a Canadian applicant?

Well you did send your LOR pretty late, that might be why

yes, it's quite a lot later than when i've submitted my application...

Does anybody have any contribution as to what batch they would consider me to be in?

A lot of schools won't even look at your application until you have the required LORs in. I wouldn't worry. From what I can tell, a bunch of schools start sending out the bulk of their interviews in the coming weeks and on into the beginning/middle of September. Take a chill pill and try to shake off that SDNitis.

thanks for the advice! I'll take head of it :)

Last edited:
I agree with ddsmission and mbuchan7.
It's only been 5 days since your LOR were sent out by AADSAS.
Give your schools at least 1-2 weeks to process them and update your application as complete.

yea i just received some interviews a few days ago and i had my app completed w/ supplementary and everything else completed in july

I agree with ddsmission and mbuchan7.
It's only been 5 days since your LOR were sent out by AADSAS.
Give your schools at least 1-2 weeks to process them and update your application as complete.

Thank you, I welcome and value your distribution of knowledge.

yea i just received some interviews a few days ago and i had my app completed w/ supplementary and everything else completed in july

Yes, it seems as though the solution lies in coping with my anxieties. Your response has done well in dealing with my angst.

Ovations :)

Hi,
Story: I haven't received any interview invites yet and i've been seeing that a lot of you have already been getting them....

Questions:
1. should i have received any by now?

2. when should I start being worried?

3. What batch would you consider me to be?
:confused:

Timeline
June 8: e-submitted

July 5: last transcript recieved

July 13: application verified

July 20: first e-mail from a school that my application has been recieved

August 1-7: supplemental applications completed and sent to the appropriate institutions

August 3: LOR's recieved by AADSAS

August 10: Evaluations mailed

Also: I'm a Canadian applicant, and my Canadian DAT has been recieved by all institutions

Schools
NYU
LLU
Detroit Mercy
Pittsburgh
Penn
Minnesota
Boston
Nova
Maryland
Buffalo

Similar situation as you.
I e-submitted pretty early on but my LOR's didn't get mailed out until 8/3. No interviews yet, but ppl on SDN keep telling me not to worry.

Hello, No im not a canadian applicant

and I esubmitted on 6/7 and transcripts were in that week
but my LORs wernt in until 07/23/2012

Though, are you saying thats possible why there is a delay in interviews?

I have a 3.4 overall 3.3 science with a masters degree from Tulane
and DAT 20/20/21

thoughts?

i am also a similar situation as you, but got things verified a bit earlier..
submitted everything june 10th, got verified june 21st, with transcript, LOR's everything in..
got slightly lower gpa (3.3 overall and 3.2 science) but higher DAT's (25AA, 24TS, 22PA), had solid ec's, statement, experiences, research, etc.

andddd no interviews yet :( sigh.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey i'm canadian with lower stats than you.........higher dat tho.......2 interviews

hey i'm canadian with lower stats than you.........higher dat tho.......2 interviews

Excellent! which schools have offered you interviews? and what school in Canada did you go to? and when did you have you app/LOR's submitted? ... if you do not feel comfortable sharing these things so openly then please pm me ;)

i am also a similar situation as you, but got things verified a bit earlier..
submitted everything june 10th, got verified june 21st, with transcript, LOR's everything in..
got slightly lower gpa (3.3 overall and 3.2 science) but higher DAT's (25AA, 24TS, 22PA), had solid ec's, statement, experiences, research, etc.

andddd no interviews yet :( sigh.

you'll get them soon ;) your DAT's are really good!

I have now received 1 interview! thank goodness!

OK,

Now I've been invited for ONE interview and rejected by another... but haven't heard anything from the other schools. Should I be worried now?! :thumbup::thumbdown:scared::scared:

Hey, no worries. I am a Canadian applicant in the same boat as you. E-submitted in July but DAT scores received on Aug 10th. Those school on your list have not contacted me yet. Well except LLU for interview.

Hey, no worries. I am a Canadian applicant in the same boat as you. E-submitted in July but DAT scores received on Aug 10th. Those school on your list have not contacted me yet. Well except LLU for interview.

thanks, that's good to hear!

Should I be worried now?! :scared:

nothing has changed since last time :(

I would seek out help on your application right away. With your date of submission I would think you'd be in the first batch....but in any case, I know that at least 6 of the schools from your list have already started their interview processes(and most likely have gone through 3rd batch already) . There is a good chance that your application has been deferred already. Your stat and dat score look fine. Perhaps look into your extracurricular activities and personal statement. Good luck to you.

I would seek out help on your application right away. With your date of submission I would think you'd be in the first batch....but in any case, I know that at least 6 of the schools from your list have already started their interview processes(and most likely have gone through 3rd batch already) . There is a good chance that your application has been deferred already. Your stat and dat score look fine. Perhaps look into your extracurricular activities and personal statement. Good luck to you.

thanks for the help!

what kind of help do you mean?

Also I have recieved an email from NYU saying your application has been recieved and is under review on September 15

You would be in the 4th batch. And many schools do the a lot of their interviews in and after December. Just be patient.