Is this a bad sign?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

boo-yeh

Hey, so my AMCAS screen changed this morning at about 9am and went from "in line for verification" to "currently under review." If they started reviewing it at 9, is it not good that it's not been processed in over 15 hours? Sorry if I'm missing something here, but after checking it a billion times I'm starting to get nervous...

Members don't see this ad.

your avatar is probably smiling right now...

(ps. don't worry about it)

Members don't see this ad :)
OP its fine, took mine about a day like that as well.

Mine just went straight from "ready to review" to "processing is complete".

I went straight from "waiting to review" to "verified", but AMCAS also deleted a lot of my information. I think it's probably a good thing that they're taking their time on yours....

I went straight from "waiting to review" to "verified", but AMCAS also deleted a lot of my information. I think it's probably a good thing that they're taking their time on yours....

I just recently had mine go to waiting for review, maybe I'm missing something here but what did they need to delete from your record?

Not trying to pry btw, just trying to figure out what I should be expecting.

No, it's not anything to worry about. It's just a factor of how busy they are and how complicated your academic record is. Mine took them TWO WEEKS to review, but I had five transcripts and no grades or credit hours from my major UG institution. ;) Start working on the secondary essays and don't worry about AMCAS any more.

In the same boat as QofQ, when I submitted mine last year it was reviewed for about a week untill it hit the processing complete stage.

If you think you are anxious now you have only begun the fantastic waiting game ahead of you!!

In the same boat as QofQ, when I submitted mine last year it was reviewed for about a week untill it hit the processing complete stage.

If you think you are anxious now you have only begun the fantastic waiting game ahead of you!!

Haha, yes of course. You do have a point, it's just hard not to focus on every little thing along the way. I think being neurotic is one of the stipulations of becoming a medical student. :D

mine took a month and a half. Although I did submit end of Sept though :D

So my AMCAS app is not verified yet. I submitted on June 19th evening. And it says my app is still in line for review. But, I just got a secondary from George washington. What does this mean?

Mine was under review for 3 days, and I thought my transcripts were pretty straightforward. When all was said and done, they made only one change to a class where I tested out without credit. I think some reviewers may just move more quickly than others.

The person reviewing your app probably started it then decided to take an early 3-day weekend. Don't sweat it because you are waaaaay early in the game, and it should be done next week sometime.

The person reviewing your app probably started it then decided to take an early 3-day weekend. Don't sweat it because you are waaaaay early in the game, and it should be done next week sometime.

agreed. dont worry, you are early and it should be done relatively soon. i submitted mine in early august and it took a little over a month to finally be verified...