is this a good deal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scamp

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDNers, I could use your expert opinions.

I am not taking the mcat until next year, but (as I cannot afford a prep course) I would like to gather any mcat prep material that will be helpful.

I have the opportunity to buy some used materials, including a few Kaplan guides (the bookstore kind), ALL of the material from a Princeton review course, and several practice tests. The seller wants $200 for it all. I know the prep course runs like $1300, so doesn't this sound like a very reasonable price? oh, and everything is 4 years old- does that matter?

I am new to this whole premed ordeal and I'm really not sure how much things like this cost. I would really appreciate any advice!

Thanks in advance!

scamp :)

Members don't see this ad.

Scamp,

From my personal experience, I highly recommend the Princeton Review books, especially the science review. You'll definitely will know everything you need to know just by going through those books. However, it is extremely important for you to do as many practice tests/problems as you can. And I think that's the benefit of Kaplan and some other review courses.

My suggestion would be buy the Princeton review books only (since the Kaplan books would go over the same stuffs) and buy as many practice tests as you can (AAMC, TPR, Kaplan, Berkeley Review, etc.) and you'll be ready.

Also, they are restructuring the MCAT next year, so I'm not sure how much changes will need to be incorporated, in terms of the review materials. Just keep that in mind.

Hope that helps,

BF

thanks babyface! i appreciate your insight!