Medical Is this a good explanation of my institutional action?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am reporting an academic misconduct IA from freshman year and was hoping to get feedback. I have read that adcoms prefer short and simple explanations and was wondering if my explanation is too wordy. Thank you in advance!

During the second semester of my freshman year, I received a zero on a general chemistry lab report for copying explanations I found online, posted by a previous student. As an immature and admittedly foolish freshman, this lesson helped me mature in ways that led me to focus my abilities to work hard, which I believe is well reflected in my academic record. This never occurred again and the incident served as a catalyst for changing my attitude towards school, as at the time I had a general disregard for either my conduct or academics. Since then I have developed effective study habits and have taken on roles that helped me grow personally. My reflections about the incident has helped me realize the importance of character as a student aspiring to pursue a career that carries tremendous responsibility and accountability
It sounds a little wordy in my opinion. I would remove the "as at the time I had a general disregard for either my conduct or academics" part.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.