Is this a good idea?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LostLost

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just did an interview at Georgetown and I go to Loyola. I am wondering if it is a good idea to send Loyola's thank you postcard? The pros are 1. they will know it is someone from Loyola, me. 2. It is also a Jesuit institution, creates rapport. One of the post card has "Ad Majorem de Glorian" phrase and every Jesuit knows that it is the motto of the Society of Jesus. 3. My essays are all about practicing medicine according to Ignatian values. The cons are 1. It's Loyola's postcards, not Georgetown, 2. can't think of any. Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

I just did an interview at Georgetown and I go to Loyola. I am wondering if it is a good idea to send Loyola's thank you postcard? The pros are 1. they will know it is someone from Loyola, me. 2. It is also a Jesuit institution, creates rapport. One of the post card has "Ad Majorem de Glorian" phrase and every Jesuit knows that it is the motto of the Society of Jesus. 3. My essays are all about practicing medicine according to Ignatian values. The cons are 1. It's Loyola's postcards, not Georgetown, 2. can't think of any. Any ideas?

I don't think it would make much of a difference. Someone along the way might notice it, but I doubt they would care.

Is there something on the postcard that identifies it as being from Loyola's college of medicine? Otherwise, I don't see any harm in sending a postcard from your undergrad institution.

......they do realize not every single person who interviews at Georgetown's med school went to Georgetown for undergrad.......

1) Sending thank you cards makes absolutely no difference with your application. Often, interviewer comments are submitted to the committee the next day, before you even send it out. Some schools put them in your file, where they will never be seen again.

2) I sent all my thank you's on Illinois cards. I got in everywhere I was interviewed.