Is this a good idea?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WannabeRD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Here's the basics:

1. I'd like to be a reistered dietician
2. I have an undergrad degree in Com
3. Need Science pre-reqs
4. Applied at my local cc to take the courses, but had to withdraw. First off, they tried to make me take pre-algebra (without giving me a placement test), even though my transcripts clearly stated that I had taken college level statistics, and passed with an A+. So I signed up for Bio and the damn Allgebra (mistake!). Midway through the semester, they tell me since I'm already a college grad, I cant use federal aid to cover the cost of classes, I need to pay out of pocket. Even though my financial aid paperwork already went through and was approved! They claimed it was an error. I had to withdraw :(
So now I've got UG transcripts from a well know, reputable University, with a 3.0 GPA, transcripts from the damn cc with a Pshycology class I got a B in, and the pre-algebra and Bio with a "W".
5. I need to get these sciences in, though, and now, with my job, it has to be online (cringe). I found online Chem with lab through Oregon State University, but I'd have to apply as a non trad, and pay for the courses out of pocket, which I don't mnd.

So...the question is, if I take the sciences online through OS, and another school I found online for the Bio (a reputable one), along with my past academic history, do I even have a chance?

Just because I want you to have a clear picture:

I am a URM
I've started an organization focused on people with chronic illnesses
I have a very "public" career, which would be the reason why I have no time for school on campus. I've since decided I don't want to work under the glare of everyone else for the rest of my life.
I plan to volunteer in the fall at the local health center

:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

This forum is for people who want to get into allopathic (MD) med schools. I don´t think you´ll find much expertise about what it takes to become a registered dietician in this particular location. Sorry.