So here is my situation. I had planned on remaining a degree seeking student for all of 2009, (graduate jan 2010) despite finishing all my requirements and being able to graduate jan 2009. I did this so that I could retain my parents health insurance and my father's ability to fly standby on northwest, (flying for free to the medical school interviews). Summer 2008 I had filled out an online graduation application and said I would graduate jan 2009, (this was before I discussed the situation with my father and came up with a plan that worked out for the best). In fall 2008 I thought I changed the application to jan 2010, postponing my graduation a year But for whatever reason it didn't go through and I am now graduated a year ahead of plan, against me will and to my great detriment. I am trying desperately to get reinstated as a degree seeking student otherwise I will be out several thousand dollars in additional costs. In case I am unable to get reinstated here is my plan B, which I think will solve my problem but I fear may actually screw up my chances to get into med school, (applying June 1, 2009). Plan B. Reapply to my university as undergrad to college of liberal arts. Get in for fall semesterm choose 4 easy as pie, 1000 level political sci classes that won't take much time, (1 additional semester in fall 2009 had been part of plan). My father's insurance checks to see whether or not I am full time student each fall, they check, see I am full time, degree seeking student, (undeclared) continue coverage, northwest, were my dad works, sees I am enrolled for next semester, allows me to fly free standby starting summer 2009. Meanwhile I applied to med schools Jun 1, 2009, hopefully got secondaries in July and interviews in august and september. By october I am accepted to some med school. After fall semester drop out of university and never look back. Here is my grave concern that I may actually be making the situation much worse. If I am applying as for undergrad at my university at the same time as applying to med school will that hurt my changes at med school acceptance? I have a 3.97 GPA, all med school prereqs done, got an A in everything except for A- in ochem 1,2 and french 4. I have taked to these people about letters of rec, will be sending them relevent info and following up in jan, feb. Biochem prof, writing it myself, he edits, finished 2nd in his classof over 200 Physiology prof, very good relationship with her, finished 1st in class of over 200 O-chem lab professor, finished top of my section, glowing TA rec Physics 2 professor, very good relationship, went to every office hours, one of the best in his class Econ professor, mentioned in personal statement as someone who changed my life, very good relationship, used because USUHS requires one non science prof. ER volunteer Rec, several nurses have stated I their best volunteer, though my coordinator is writing the LOR, I am hoping that the positive input from nursing staff makes it a strong LOR. I am hoping an ER doc I am shadowing will let me write a LOR which he could edit, but can't count on it. I haven't taken MCAT yet, but am hoping for 33 at least. So, given my stats, will applying for second undergrad during same time as med school hurt me? I have an official transcript from my university saying I graduated with 3.97 and all med prereqs, so will the fact that I am applying for second undergrad matter? My dad says they won't even know, since my application will be judged on what I grades, LOR, volunteering at ER, ect. But I would appreciate input from my peers. Is plan B the best possible option or a disaster that hurts my dreams of med school? P.S sorry for the long post but I wanted to explain the full cirmcumstances of my predicament.