Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

is this a good sign?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by streetdoc, Oct 22, 2002.

1. streetdoc

streetdoc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    i just got an email inviting me to an interview. i only submitted my amcas 3 weeks ago and the email said that the school didn't have my reccommendations or a hard copy of my amcas. how can they give me an interview with out those things? are they desperate or do they like me?
    thanks for any input...i'm feeling torn.
    streetdoc

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea Girl Next Door
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    streetdoc-- why the angst, my friend? yes it's a good sign that they want to interview you without having seen your entire application!! yes, it's a bit unusual, but maybe they just really like your app so far. is it one of your state schools? i think some state schools (don't hold me to this or ask me to name examples-- i could be making this up) offer interviews to all their in-state applicants. regardless of how you got the interview invite, congrats and be happy!! :D :D

4. Ma!

Ma! Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Maybe they don't screen?

5. streetdoc

streetdoc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    thanks for the confidence, sweet tea. it is a state school, i didn't think about that maybe all residents get an interview...you may be right. i'll look into that.
    thanks again,
    streetdoc

6. crazyA

crazyA Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

As I recall, Michigan was offering interviews before people even submitted their secondaries, at least to in-staters anyway

Come to think of it, I got an interview from them (I'm an out-of-stater) before my letters could have conceivable reached them

SO don't worry, be happy!

7. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Didn't they do that for out of staters too? I could swear a friend of mine hadn't sent in the secondary but got an interview. They were screening for letters though, is what I heard.

8. smid

smid Member
    7+ Year Member

I am out of state an that same thing happened to me with UMich. I think if you have high MCAT and GPA they auto. interview. I also think that their acceptance decision happened almost without looking at the interview results. I absolutely LOVED the school and was suspicious at first, but I trust that they know what they're doing.

I say go for it and don't question it!!!

Good Luck!

9. uclachris

uclachris Doctor Doctor Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    what school was this?

10. streetdoc

streetdoc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    the school i was posting about is the Medical University of South Carolina. after researching, i found not every in-state applicant gets an interview, so i'm just hoping that they liked what they saw.
    streetdoc