Is this a new Trend in the Retail business?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait, only pharmacist or only person? I am pretty suspicious that it is even possible to do 400/day without any technicians.

Members don't see this ad.

Let's stop being disingenuous. You and I both know that if the pharmacy organizations conducted a poll of its membership, including retail pharmacists, that the majority, probably the VAST majority would agree that pharmacists should be able to give vaccinations and should not have that privilege taken away from them.

By this logic, you are implying that everyone who is in favor of legalizing physician assisted suicide ALSO would like to be forced to kill themselves.

You are just now noticing this? Man that has been going on for years! Same thing with the faxes. My doctor faxed/emailed the rx over 5 seconds ago why is it not ready? My last retail gig was accross from a doc in the box. Happened 50 times a day.

MPD- you know I was accustomed to customers leaving the MD's office and driving over "thinking" it would be ready- but these are MD's who are faxing/e-scribing the prescriptions and at the same time telling the customer- go to the pharmacy now it will be ready when you get there- and sometimes it's 5 or 6 prescriptions per patient- total B.S and very bad practice on the behalf of the MD.

Members don't see this ad :)
every....day

Also, has anyone ever been in a situation where either you are taking a break(Wal-mart pharmaciist- I know you guys shut down for 30 minutes) or you are very busy perhaps working a DUR reject/counseling/giving a Flu shot or on phone with the Insurance company and a nurse or MD calls with a new script- you tell the tech to send it to Voice mail- only to have your tech tell you that the nurse/MD refuses to go to voice mail and wants to speak to you? Now every time that has happened to me it has never been an emergency or anything that was so critical that they couldn't leave it on Voice mail.
What if I called the MD's office for a drug change or P/A or clarification on a script- if I am told that the MD is seeing patients- I wouldn't tell the office that I refuse to call back and will wait until the MD gets done with the patient- has that happened to any of you guys/gals?

Reactions: 1 user
Also, has anyone ever been in a situation where either you are taking a break(Wal-mart pharmaciist- I know you guys shut down for 30 minutes) or you are very busy perhaps working a DUR reject/counseling/giving a Flu shot or on phone with the Insurance company and a nurse or MD calls with a new script- you tell the tech to send it to Voice mail- only to have your tech tell you that the nurse/MD refuses to go to voice mail and wants to speak to you? Now every time that has happened to me it has never been an emergency or anything that was so critical that they couldn't leave it on Voice mail.
What if I called the MD's office for a drug change or P/A or clarification on a script- if I am told that the MD is seeing patients- I wouldn't tell the office that I refuse to call back and will wait until the MD gets done with the patient- has that happened to any of you guys/gals?
That's just crazy. They can wait to talk to you until you're finished, just like you would wait to talk to them. It's like the message always says on their phone directory "If this is truly an emergency, dial 911."