Is this a red flag?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pyruvate

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It is better to get an ADCOMs opinion to make sure, but I do not think that is a red flag. Just explain what happened, because they understand sometimes tough breaks like that happen. Your health comes first.

Reactions: 2 users
You can explains this in your optional essay on secondaries, for most schools you be fine as long as you do very well on your 4 year university courses, and certainly don't do bad on the community college ones!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

I have a follow up question about volunteering. I will be living with my parents again whilst going to community college this spring and summer. I was thinking of volunteering at the hospital closest to my parents' house for the time I am home, and then volunteering at the hospital near my college when I move back on campus. I assume it will look okay on my Activities section to have volunteered at one hospital and switched to another in this case, yes?

Thank you so much for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

I have a follow up question about volunteering. I will be living with my parents again whilst going to community college this spring and summer. I was thinking of volunteering at the hospital closest to my parents' house for the time I am home, and then volunteering at the hospital near my college when I move back on campus. I assume it will look okay on my Activities section to have volunteered at one hospital and switched to another in this case, yes?
It's fine. However, I would suggest that you focus on your studies for the upcoming semester and spend the rest of the time making sure you are physically and emotionally well. There is no need to overload yourself with volunteer work at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
You have a very good explanation for what happened (although don't come across as criticizing the Dean, simply say he felt it "would be best" to gradually re-introduce you to the university and university life). Ask us when the time comes for polishing your explanation, but this shouldn't hurt you. Hope you're doing better!

Reactions: 1 users
-

Last edited: