Is this a Red Flag

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Gerrard

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A few of my activities only last for one or two semesters.

However, I can explain this for two reasons. One, I plan on studying abroad next spring so I had to stop many of my activities for that reason. Two, some of the things I am doing are just kind of like projects, which are complete after one semester.

In addition, this is not really an explanation, but I would just say to anyone who asks that during college, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what I was really interested in, and thus I tried to explore as many different activities as possible.

Members don't see this ad.

Oh, and I would also say that during my Freshman year, I did not get involved because I was still adjusting to the college life, but after that, I tried to get involved as much as possible.

No, this is a red flag...
Small_Red_Flags.gif

And to answer your question, no, it's not a big deal, it doesn't matter, and you'll be fine. As long as you're doing what you enjoy in college, you'll be ok.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's fine if many of your activities are short term. It's good if some of your activities show dedication and longevity.

A few of my activities only last for one or two semesters.

However, I can explain this for two reasons. One, I plan on studying abroad next spring so I had to stop many of my activities for that reason. Two, some of the things I am doing are just kind of like projects, which are complete after one semester.

In addition, this is not really an explanation, but I would just say to anyone who asks that during college, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what I was really interested in, and thus I tried to explore as many different activities as possible.

Are you studying abroad currently or next spring? More detail is needed; "a few of my activities only lasted for one or two semesters" is quite vague. There is a difference between a project and joining a club for one semester. I totally understand trying out different clubs and activities to see what you're interested in, but testing out activities can only last so long before it turns into being flaky. I think it would be smart to pick an activity and get really involved. There is nothing wrong with being super involved and then taking a semester off to study abroad and then jumping right back on the wagon as soon as you get back.