Is this a stupid topic for diversity essay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Whyamionhere

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think that's a great topic.

Reactions: 1 user
Wonderful idea!

I was thinking of talking about the HIV hospice program/free clinic (part HIV hospice care, part free clinic for outpatient HIV care, mostly homeless/mentally ill patients) I've volunteered in for a couple years, and the perspectives I could bring to the medical school class from my experiences here. Working here has been incredible and something I am extremely passionate about.

I interpreted the diversity essay as what I could bring to the table as a student, since I feel like a diverse student body is one who has different experiences that can bring different perspectives, and learn from each other.

Is this too weak/lame? Thanks so much. Also @Goro

Reactions: 1 user
I was thinking of talking about the HIV hospice program/free clinic (part HIV hospice care, part free clinic for outpatient HIV care, mostly homeless/mentally ill patients) I've volunteered in for a couple years, and the perspectives I could bring to the medical school class from my experiences here. Working here has been incredible and something I am extremely passionate about.

I interpreted the diversity essay as what I could bring to the table as a student, since I feel like a diverse student body is one who has different experiences that can bring different perspectives, and learn from each other.

Is this too weak/lame? Thanks so much. Also @Goro
Not weak or lame at all. Sounds like it could make for a good essay.