Is this a worthy update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pusheen

silently judging
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

So I'm thinking of sending an update letter out to a couple schools I haven't heard from yet. When I completed my secondaries in July, I had just landed a full time clinical job that was to start in September. In my secondaries, I briefly described it in 1-2 sentences because I hadn't started it yet and thus didn't have a ton to say about it. This job isn't on my activities list at all. Now that I have been working here full time for 5 months, I want to update schools with the hours and experience I have gained from this job, as well as how it has impacted what specialties I am interested in.

Is this an appropriate update or should I not bother with it?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

So I'm thinking of sending an update letter out to a couple schools I haven't heard from yet. When I completed my secondaries in July, I had just landed a full time clinical job that was to start in September. In my secondaries, I briefly described it in 1-2 sentences because I hadn't started it yet and thus didn't have a ton to say about it. This job isn't on my activities list at all. Now that I have been working here full time for 5 months, I want to update schools with the hours and experience I have gained from this job, as well as how it has impacted what specialties I am interested in.

Is this an appropriate update or should I not bother with it?
I think the activity is Update-Worthy, but I'd skip the "specialties you're interested in" component.

Reactions: 1 user