Is this aginist the law?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trampisjr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First I like to tell everyone that reads this that I'm sorry if I left it in the wrong forum and that Im not a pharmacy student.

I know of someone that works in the pharmacy at Rite Aid and she is hired as a casher but she works back in the pharmacy mostly and she isnt certified to hand out medication, but she dose. Is this aginist the law, dose anyone know? And if it is aginist the law how do I go about reporting her?
She isnt even taking classes for i

Sorry to bother everyone, I was just wondering.
It seams wrong to me but can you please tell me what you think?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, a monkey can hand out your medications.

If she's just pulling them out of the pile of completed medications and ringing them up, she should be fine. I don't know of any state that restricts strict cashiering to certified/licensed individuals.

What she can't do is offer advice/instructions (counseling), mix powdered antibiotics, or anything like that. States vary in their rules, but those are usually reserved for pharmacists/interns and technicians.

PS "does" isn't spelled "dose." That misspelling has completely different ramifications in the world of pharmacy as dosing is handled by a licensed practitioner with a license to prescribe unless there's a protocol in place for the pharmacist to adjust dose.

So learn to spell. casher = cashier, seams are things on clothing, seems is the right spelling you're looking for.

Nope, a monkey can hand out your medications.

PS "does" isn't spelled "dose." That misspelling has completely different ramifications in the world of pharmacy as dosing is handled by a licensed practitioner with a license to prescribe unless there's a protocol in place for the pharmacist to adjust dose.

So learn to spell. casher = cashier, seams are things on clothing, seems is the right spelling you're looking for.

This reminds me "physic vs. physics" but I did not take it personal when someone fixed my error. I agree missspelling may lead people misunderstanding too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Proof-reading your entry is also a common courtesy for the people who have to read your post and who you are expecting to spend the time to respond to your query.

If a post is full of "ur, im, u" etc, I'm not going to take the time to respond. Of course typos and some spelling mistake are inevitable, but seriously, take the time to make your post readable if you expect people to take the time to respond. (This is not directed solely to the OP, just a general rant)

PS "isnt" calls for an apostrophe, as in "isn't"

This is the wrong forum. How about asking the store manager or pharmacy manager what the regulations are regarding non-certified individuals working in the pharmacy?

If a post is full of "ur, im, u" etc, I'm not going to take the time to respond. Of course typos and some spelling mistake are inevitable, but seriously, take the time to make your post readable if you expect people to take the time to respond.

u mean u wnt reespond 2 mah posts if i tlk lyk dis? ur meeen :mad:

omg it took me forever to type that out, hahahahah

You guys are killing me!! That seriously hurts my brain :rolleyes: ;)

Most of the reply's are not even answering the question, just people picking at errors in the way I asked it. but thanks for the people that tried to answer.

Sorry I wont be replying anymore, I think its childish to go back and forth having verbal fights, some like it, why, I have no idea. But oh well, to each his own I guess.

Take care and try to stay out of trouble. :)

Always,
Trampis

Sorry I wont be replying anymore, I think its childish to go back and forth having verbal fights, some like it, why, I have no idea. But oh well, to each his own I guess.

oh you're no fun, we do this all the time. :smuggrin:

Most of the reply's are not even answering the question, just people picking at errors in the way I asked it. but thanks for the people that tried to answer.

Take care and try to stay out of trouble. :)

Always,
Trampis

what the bold signefyes?:laugh:

We were just having some fun...

Anyhoo, this is the wrong forum for this question.

No that's not against the law; however, what should be, is the way you spell ''against." Aginist. At first I thought it was just a typo in the title, but then you went on to do it 3-4 additional times which leads me to believe this is the way you ACTUALLY believe it's spelled.

But seriously guys, quit nit-picking.

Whether or not it is legal or not, depends on the state.

In Illinois, you can have a non-pharm tech cashier. However, they cannot make the offer the counsel, but you have to make that offer for every new prescription or refill. In short, having a non-pharm tech cashier will just cause you more grief than what it is worth.

It's our catharsis for all of our pent up frustration at or about pharmacy school, pharmacy school applications, pharmacy school pre-requisites, or the practice of pharmacy itself.

Nice word.

Whether or not it is legal or not, depends on the state.

In Illinois, you can have a non-pharm tech cashier. However, they cannot make the offer the counsel, but you have to make that offer for every new prescription or refill. In short, having a non-pharm tech cashier will just cause you more grief than what it is worth.

idk weather or not to make fun uf u or not 4 this 1.