Is this an admittable weakness for a greatest weakness interview question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radioactive15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sounds like it could work, obviously depending on how you frame it. I'm not sure that it would fit for adversity unless your weakness led to some (great) adverse event.

For a weakness, yeah. For adversity? I would try to think of something else (unless you were worrying about an adverse situation)

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like it could work, obviously depending on how you frame it. I'm not sure that it would fit for adversity unless your weakness led to some (great) adverse event.

The adverse event was almost a peak for this weakness. I could try to come up with others but they wouldn't really be as memorable

Also, how would you recommend framing this as a weakness?

Weakness, yes.
Adversity, no.

When asked what your greatest weakness is..

Could you say that you worry about things you can't control more than you'd like to?

I understand the purpose of this question is to see if someone can self-analyze and respond with steps they've taken to address their flaw, but some answers can unofficially reject you. Is this one of them?

For me, noticeable weaknesses are probably this or straight memorization, and I don't think memorization is something I want to say in a medical school interview, considering that med school will be a large exercise in memorization.

Could a personal example of worrying about things you can't control be used in a "greatest adversity" question as well?

Reactions: 1 user
So your greatest weakness is mild, nonspecific anxiety? That's weak.
Well it's either that or memorization. Any other weaknesses I could think of would probably be grounds for an insta-rejection (such as impatience (not always, but more than I'd like to show))

Well it's either that or memorization. Any other weaknesses I could think of would probably be grounds for an insta-rejection (such as impatience (not always, but more than I'd like to show))

The question is about honest self-appraisal and reflection. We aren't looking for keywords that trigger "insta-rejection."

Reactions: 1 user