Is this an institutional action

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AspiringDoc422

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I transferred to my current university last fall, the school requires all incoming students to complete an online program regarding alcohol safety, financial stability, and assault prevention. The first part of these programs was due before starting classes and I completed the first part, however the second part of these online programs was due around midterms and I forgot to complete it because I was busy studying. The university said that students that do not complete these programs will recieve an record of non compliance with the office of Student conduct. Does this count as an IA? I only recently became aware of IAs on these forums and am a little worried. Any help is appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

I transferred to my current university last fall, the school requires all incoming students to complete an online program regarding alcohol safety, financial stability, and assault prevention. The first part of these programs was due before starting classes and I completed the first part, however the second part of these online programs was due around midterms and I forgot to complete it because I was busy studying. The university said that students that do not complete these programs will recieve an record of non compliance with the office of Student conduct. Does this count as an IA? I only recently became aware of IAs on these forums and am a little worried. Any help is appreciated

Best way to find out is to ask your university.

Members don't see this ad :)
I suspect that this is more like having an overdue book at the library. Get it done and you are likely to have that wiped clean. It is not an action taken against you to have something in your file that says you did not comply with a university deadline.

Reactions: 1 users

Call the dean's office and ask what, if anything, they would report as IA in your record

I don't think it'd be a big deal- this post made me realize I never completed the second half of the alcohol edu course that they require at my school and I graduated 2 years ago :whistle:

I remember my university had a department named Student rights and responsibilities who managed all the IAs. They were basically the disciplinary department. Anyways, find the one in your school and ask them to look at your record. They’ll likely have you fill out a form and send you an email when it’s been prepared for you. Then you can see if you have any IAs you need to worry about. I recommend doing it right before your app cycle.