Is this asking too much?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myronnie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So in my literature class we got our final exam grades and essay paper grade back. I got a 94 on the exam and a 96 on the essay. I wanted to get my rubric back for the essays so I could see what I did wrong and try to improve for my writing class next semester. She usually sends a rubric for the exams but because of the MASSIVE amounts of exams she's had to grade within only a week and the approaching holidays I think it might be too much to ask. Would it be acceptable to schedule office hours next semester? She knows me pretty well. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

So in my literature class we got our final exam grades and essay paper grade back. I got a 94 on the exam and a 96 on the essay. I wanted to get my rubric back for the essays so I could see what I did wrong and try to improve for my writing class next semester. She usually sends a rubric for the exams but because of the MASSIVE amounts of exams she's had to grade within only a week and the approaching holidays I think it might be too much to ask. Would it be acceptable to schedule office hours next semester? She knows me pretty well. What do you guys think?

As I started reading this, I thought you were going to go somewhere else with this question. But the way you posed it is great. :thumbup: Definitely go next semester during office hours to discuss the paper. My organic chemistry professor actually suggested we do this if we wanted to go over our final. So be patient and ask next semester. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Broski, the difference in a 96 and a 100 on an essay can easily be attributed to bias/pickyness/subjectivity. It's not like she will tell you something that will guarantee you a 100 on all of your future essays. You got an A, move on and make better use of your time...unless you're "that guy".

Members don't see this ad :)
Broski, the difference in a 96 and a 100 on an essay can easily be attributed to bias/pickyness/subjectivity. It's not like she will tell you something that will guarantee you a 100 on all of your future essays. You got an A, move on and make better use of your time...unless you're "that guy".

This is exactly what I was going to say - including the use of "that guy."

There's nothing really wrong with going and seeing your professor about the paper. It certainly wouldn't be inappropriate. But it screams "that guy." You don't want to be that guy.

This is exactly what I was going to say - including the use of "that guy."

There's nothing really wrong with going and seeing your professor about the paper. It certainly wouldn't be inappropriate. But it screams "that guy." You don't want to be that guy.

True dat.