davidlee97

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Jul 21, 2016
I am performing music at a nursing home where pts are getting therapy. Would this b clinical or nonclincia?

Crayola227

The Oncoming Storm
5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2013
All of Time & Space
kay, first of all, don't bump when you don't get an answer in 40 min

getting an answer on SDN is a privilege, not a right
it can take some time for docs and admin to get back you on here

Based on what I've seen from LizzyM and Goro, (next time try the SDN search function! this exact question has been answer before recently) I would say no, it is not if all you did was play piano and converse

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Academic Administration
Are these people living in a residential setting? Do they move about on foot or in wheelchairs and have the option of listening to your performances? If so, how would this be any different that performing at a senior center or in a park?

Do they have a doctor's order to attend your concerts? Is it considered therapy of some kind for an ailment? If not, it would be hard to call it "clinical" and it is hard to call them "patients" when they are going about their day in their residence and not interacting, at that time, with clinicians.

Call it non-clinical. If anyone wants to upgrade it and give you credit for a clinical experience then that's okay but calling it clinical and having adcoms scoff can hurt you.