Is this considered a tough schedule?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolcucumber91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This was my spring semester of freshman year. I ended up with almost all Bs. Although I know it's my fault that I didn't do well (and I know I'm capable of getting all As), I'm wondering if perhaps my schedule was too heavy. Sophomore year I gotta change my study habits completely lol

General chemistry 2 w/ lab (4 credits)
Biology 2 w/ lab (the lab is a killer) (4 credits)
Developmental psychology (3 credits)
English 102 (3 credits)
Research methods to engineering (3 credits)
Leadership class (1 credit)

Overall: 18 credits

Members don't see this ad.

Aside from the research methods class, not really. Depending on what's expected of you for that, it could be kind of tough.

Dependent on the research methods class. I think it will be challenging but not extremely difficult. It will require a substantial amount of effort though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would take a class or two less and develop better study habits - The grades are what really matter in the end.

This was my spring semester of freshman year. I ended up with almost all Bs. Although I know it's my fault that I didn't do well (and I know I'm capable of getting all As), I'm wondering if perhaps my schedule was too heavy. Sophomore year I gotta change my study habits completely lol

General chemistry 2 w/ lab (4 credits)
Biology 2 w/ lab (the lab is a killer) (4 credits)
Developmental psychology (3 credits)
English 102 (3 credits)
Research methods to engineering (3 credits)
Leadership class (1 credit)

Overall: 18 credits

Not really. As an engineering major, I can say that its not gonna get much easier. Wait till you are taking statics, thermo, dynamics, Calc based phy etc. along with your science classes (assuming you are an engineering major).

But this was also your first year. You learned about how to study for a college class and about your study habits. Dont let a few B's discourage you. You don't have to have 4.0 to get into medical school. You will have engineering classes that will be impossible to get As in so I recommend using your easy premed science classes and electives to their full potential and get A in them or you will have hard time keeping 3.5+ GPA.

Good luck

Not really. As an engineering major, I can say that its not gonna get much easier. Wait till you are taking statics, thermo, dynamics, Calc based phy etc. along with your science classes (assuming you are an engineering major).

But this was also your first year. You learned about how to study for a college class and about your study habits. Dont let a few B's discourage you. You don't have to have 4.0 to get into medical school. You will have engineering classes that will be impossible to get As in so I recommend using your easy premed science classes and electives to their full potential and get A in them or you will have hard time keeping 3.5+ GPA.

Good luck

Sorry for not clarifying, but I'm a psychology major. I took it for kicks and ended up with a B. I was just curious and a lot of my friends were taking it. The teacher was part of my honors program so I was lucky to only get a B

That's considered a normal pre med schedule. 2 prereqs and major fulfillment classes. To ADCOM's that schedule is considered "average".

It sucks but most pre meds have to take at least 2 of the heavy science pre reqs together, so you're not alone in this.

Doesn't look that difficult. Get A's next time - you can do it.

this was my spring semester of freshman year. I ended up with almost all bs. Although i know it's my fault that i didn't do well (and i know i'm capable of getting all as), i'm wondering if perhaps my schedule was too heavy. Sophomore year i gotta change my study habits completely lol

general chemistry 2 w/ lab (4 credits)
biology 2 w/ lab (the lab is a killer) (4 credits)
developmental psychology (3 credits)
english 102 (3 credits)
research methods to engineering (3 credits)
leadership class (1 credit)

overall: 18 credits

As others have said -- pretty typical.