Is this considered an extracurricular activity or will I get laughed at and not taken seriously?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bammy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I absolutely love running around the Bayou trails in my city. I am in a few "walking the bayou" clubs/groups because I like meeting with new people that live in my city and we all run around the Bayou together every day except weekends.

If I talk about this in my personal statement, will they laugh at me?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I absolutely love running around the Bayou trails in my city. I am in a few "walking the bayou" clubs/groups because I like meeting with new people that live in my city and we all run around the Bayou together every day except weekends.

If I talk about this in my personal statement, will they laugh at me?

There is a place on the application for hobbies and advocations. Sometimes, adcom members just want to know that you know how to have fun and are something other than a studying machine.

There is also a category of leadership. If you are in a club and take a leadership role in organizing the group, facilitating communication among group members or some other similar activity, then you could describe it in that way.

Reactions: 1 user
There is a place on the application for hobbies and advocations. Sometimes, adcom members just want to know that you know how to have fun and are something other than a studying machine.

There is also a category of leadership. If you are in a club and take a leadership role in organizing the group, facilitating communication among group members or some other similar activity, then you could describe it in that way.

Thank you!!!