Quantcast

Is this considered clinical experience?

Start Med School in 2023! Free Accepted Webinar!
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DingDongD

Reaction score
They are not patients in a hospital. It's more of a camp full of fun things for type one diabetics kids. That's why I was not totally sure about using @LizzyM 's statement.

UNMedGa

Newbie!
5+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    They are not patients in a hospital. It's more of a camp full of fun things for type one diabetics kids. That's why I was not totally sure about using @LizzyM 's statement.

You're still working directly with people who are patients though. It's patients that make it a clinical experience, not being in a hospital. Especially because your work seems to focus on helping them learn to manage their illness.

Reactions: 1 user

Meeehai

Reaction score
    Yes! I would list it as such, at least.

Reactions: 1 user

DingDongD

Reaction score
    You're still working directly with people who are patients though. It's patients that make it a clinical experience, not being in a hospital. Especially because your work seems to focus on helping them learn to manage their illness.
    Okay! Thank you!

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
    15+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    You were doing clinical things under a physician's supervision and the children had doctor's orders dictating their care so I'd say it was clinical. Just babysitting for a kid with diabetes wouldn't be clinical.