Is this considered "holding multiple acceptances" after May 15?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davattic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everybody
I currently hold 1 acceptance at School X and am on the waitlist at a couple of schools. But, to my surprise, I received an acceptance offer from School Y today (which is May 14):). I know tomorrow is the deadline for holding only 1 acceptance, and my question is whether or not I will considered "holding multiple acceptances" at this point. In other words, am I considered "accepted" when I receive an acceptance offer or when I actually send my deposit to the school? So far, only School X has my deposit money, so I wonder if I can take my time to decide on School Y. I'm not trying to be greedy by holding lots of acceptances but it's just that I got the acceptance offer today, and I just need a couple of days to think about this. Besides, I haven't gotten any info on financial aid yet. Any idea?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, everybody
I currently hold 1 acceptance at School X and am on the waitlist at a couple of schools. But, to my surprise, I received an acceptance offer from School Y today (which is May 14):). I know tomorrow is the deadline for holding only 1 acceptance, and my question is whether or not I will considered "holding multiple acceptances" at this point. In other words, am I considered "accepted" when I receive an acceptance offer or when I actually send my deposit to the school? So far, only School X has my deposit money, so I wonder if I can take my time to decide on School Y. I'm not trying to be greedy by holding lots of acceptances but it's just that I got the acceptance offer today, and I just need a couple of days to think about this. Besides, I haven't gotten any info on financial aid yet. Any idea?

I would call School X and Y tomorrow to explain your situation. I am sure they will give you a few days' worth of slack.

I think you actually have to have sent your deposit to be considered "holding" an acceptance. However, I too would call to find out.