is this considered late for AACOMAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Taj

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do you think submitting app now for AACOMAs is considere late? I am gonna do it anyway...but just wondering.
Taj

Members don't see this ad.

Just get it in ASAP. I screwed around and didn't get mine in until November, and I got into my #1 school, but I would DEFINITELY suggest saving yourself the stress of having an extremely late application and get it in as soon as you can.

Members don't see this ad :)
no.

i just submitted. some schools dont even send out secondaries for a while.

100+!!
whoo-hoo.
i officially spend too much time here.
:rolleyes:

Taj said:
do you think submitting app now for AACOMAs is considere late? I am gonna do it anyway...but just wondering.
Taj
ummmm, let me think? NO

I don't recommend it, but I submitted in late October.

You are officially classified as early still.....easily

Taj said:
Taj
I think we all assume that you are subbmitting for class of 2010 (because 2009 would be waaaaaaaaay late). I sent mine in jan and still got multipule interviews. However, I was everyone's last interview.

Taj said:
Taj

No.

Whatever the exact opposite of WAY TOO LATE would be now.

It really puzzles me why people think that it is already to late to submit their applications. NO it is not too late. If you submit now you are probably in the first 30-40% to submit.

Kubed said:
I think we all assume that you are subbmitting for class of 2010 (because 2009 would be waaaaaaaaay late). I sent mine in jan and still got multipule interviews. However, I was everyone's last interview.

im almost ready to sumbit mine, but have gotten advice that i should consider waiting bc im applying to both DO and MD, bc of the huge deposits required by a lot of the DO schools... when did you get secondaries and interviews and such when you submitted in jan?? im worried if i submit the DO app now (submitted MD last week) then i will be faced with having to pay the huge deposit before ive heard from a lot of the MD schools (wouldnt automatically choose MD over DO, but wouldnt want to put that kinda $$ down without knowing a lot of other results)... anyone had/have a similar dilema??

akanene said:
im almost ready to sumbit mine, but have gotten advice that i should consider waiting bc im applying to both DO and MD, bc of the huge deposits required by a lot of the DO schools... when did you get secondaries and interviews and such when you submitted in jan?? im worried if i submit the DO app now (submitted MD last week) then i will be faced with having to pay the huge deposit before ive heard from a lot of the MD schools (wouldnt automatically choose MD over DO, but wouldnt want to put that kinda $$ down without knowing a lot of other results)... anyone had/have a similar dilema??
How long after an acceptance do you have to send the deposit? And is it refundable?

No they are usually non-refundable and can often be due as soon as within 2 weeks of acceptance. If they're more lenient, they're almost always due by December 14th or 15th I think. And they can be huge! You can easily put down $1000 or even 2000 never to see it again.

So it might not be a bad idea for the above poster to hold back at the DO schools but at the same time that's risky. If you have great DO stats, it might be less risky...are you sure you're going to get into a DO school even if you apply a bit later? In that case, maybe.

There are also alot of DO schools with more reasonable deposits. That can be found on all their websites.

Some schools actually give you back most of your deposit and leave 100$ fee. You have to ask them if that ever came up.

But yeah this is the price you pay to secure your backup spot in osteo schools.