Is this considered right

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fido

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When you are complete for primary and your file is ready to go, is it right that first school will look to the file not before August? the reason for my question is I will send my application early on the first of June while my MCAT day will be mid July ,so the scores will be in mid August. Is this considered little late than Mid July completion if I take mid June MCAT? .since the schools officially start to look to applications in August.

Here is another one, is EK 1001 is enough practice, I intend to finish all the 4004 questions and 101 q in verbal then some practice tests from AMCAS .How this sounds?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

When you are complete for primary and your file is ready to go, is it right that first school will look to the file not before August? the reason for my question is I will send my application early on the first of June while my MCAT day will be mid July ,so the scores will be in mid August. Is this considered little late than Mid July completion if I take mid June MCAT? .since the schools officially start to look to applications in August.

Here is another one, is EK 1001 is enough practice, I intend to finish all the 4004 questions and 101 q in verbal then some practice tests from AMCAS .How this sounds?

Thanks

You won't be late so long as you complete your file shortly after you hear back from the schools. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
You won't be late so long as you complete your file shortly after you hear back from the schools. Good luck!

Right, schools won't start considering your application until it is complete, which means they have your primary, secondary, MCAT, LORs, and fees.

are you able to get secondaries if everything is complete except for your mcat scores are not in yet? thanks :D

that depends on the school. Way back in the day, like when God was a baby, we took the MCAT twice a year by pencil and paper. I took the August sitting, and getting scores back were even slower back then, and I got a few secondaries. Keep in mind that they were from schools that send them out to everybody like Columbia and U of Mich so it wasn't a big deal that I got them. Each school does the secondary a bit different, but schools that are selective about them probably won't send you one intil they see you MCAT scores.

are you able to get secondaries if everything is complete except for your mcat scores are not in yet? thanks :D

Depends on the school - if they don't screen for secondaries then yes, they will let you do your secondary before they have your MCAT (GW comes to mind - I did their secondary before I was even verified by AMCAS). Other schools won't look at your or send you a secondary until they have your AMCAS.

As other posters have said, most schools don't give you secondaries until they have your MCAT score. Earlier is always better, so if you feel prepared to take the MCAT at an earlier date, do it.

As for the EK thing, ask in the MCAT subforum.