Is this good enough for NYUCD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jw930213

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
So I retook my DAT today, and meh.
AA: 19
TS: 19
Bio:20
Gen Chem:20
Orgo:19 (upset about this...had a 22 the first time I took the DAT)
QR:19
Reading:18 (upset about this...had a 22 on this as well the first time I took the DAT)

PAT: 19

My GPA is 3.72. My science GPA is 3.70. I work in a dental lab and have 200+ hours shadowing a dentist.

Here is the deal. I want to go to NYU. I live near the school and I've been pretty set on it for a while. I want to stay in New York and I know Stony and Columbia are a little more competitive with their admissions. Not for nothing, its my second time taking it. I got a 19 AA the first time too, but my PAT was a 16 so I guess this is a bit of an improvement. Should I retake?

Members don't see this ad.

Keep on talking to Dr Mejia, express that u really want to go there seem to help. The school is so expensive and they know that. So they r interested in students who genuinely really want to go there. I thought ur dat is fine when coupled with ur gpa

Keep on talking to Dr Mejia, express that u really want to go there seem to help. The school is so expensive and they know that. So they r interested in students who genuinely really want to go there. I thought ur dat is fine when coupled with ur gpa

:thumbup: