1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Is this MCAT score good enough for Asian?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by KOREAownsGando, Feb 19, 2007.

1. KOREAownsGando

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    My first two TPR practice tests, I got 12's on my sciences and 10's on my verbal. Is this score (33-35) good enough coupled with 3.9+ GPA good enough for Top 30 schools?

2. Funky

Funky This space is for sale
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    i think this thread belongs in pre allo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Captain Fantastic

Physician 10+ Year Member

Sorry, TPR scores don't count. You'll need to take AAMC's MCAT. :laugh:

Try to chill. If you manage a 33+ with your 3.9 GPA, scores will be the last thing keeping you out of a top 30 school.

4. Funky

Funky This space is for sale
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    i dont think you have a shot at a top 30 school. You need at least a 4.0 and a 45 to get a decent shot. sorry

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Barbarossa

Barbarossa New Member
    7+ Year Member

6. IckeyShuffle

IckeyShuffle MS1 t-minus 1.5 months..
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    do you really need someone to validate this for you? if you are a pre med with these scores i am sure you are smart so why the hell are you asking such a stupid question. :confused:

7. smuwillobrien

smuwillobrien Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Attending Physician
    33 - 35 on the real thing would put you in a great position; don't start the planning yet though.

8. Timmythemic22

Timmythemic22 Beep Beep Ribby Ribby
    10+ Year Member

Wow...another specific asian thread.

[​IMG]

9. jae9970

jae9970 Freshman Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    i would think ur mother would be pretty disappointed :(

10. jae9970

jae9970 Freshman Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    i would think ur mother would be pretty disappointed :(

11. kerplunk112

7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    yeah the question is mildly irritating..unless you just didnt know any better...which i doubt...

you do make a valid point that most asians and indians(yea i know we're asians also) at many schools are competing against each other and thus usually have to be slightly more competative than the avg white applicant and a hell of a lot more competative than URM's...

**** if they let all of us in we'd be half the medical population