Is this normal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gildas

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Man, I start having dreams about the April 05 MCAT. Is this normal or am I loosing it?
Help me before I end up in a mental clinic.

Members don't see this ad.

gildas said:
Man, I start having dreams about the April 05 MCAT. Is this normal or am I loosing it?
Help me before I end up in a mental clinic.
You are clearly loosing it and unfit to practice medicine.

jk...! :D

No the dream does not mean your losing it... but the fact that your asking Pre-MD students about your psychological status might =). Calm down and study.

Members don't see this ad :)
Welcome to the club. Now stop sleeping and go study!

Indeed you are losing it, but you are not alone.

I don't know why, but I occasionaly dream (at least 10 times so far) that I am back in college or even high school, it is the end of the semester, I havent been going to class, have missed all the tests so far, and will surely fail. I never even know what I have been doing for the last month but think my career plans are now screwed. How weird is that?

iamgoaloriented said:
Indeed you are losing it, but you are not alone.

I don't know why, but I occasionaly dream (at least 10 times so far) that I am back in college or even high school, it is the end of the semester, I havent been going to class, have missed all the tests so far, and will surely fail. I never even know what I have been doing for the last month but think my career plans are now screwed. How weird is that?
How weird is that? Not weird at all. I believe, in fact, that it is one of the most common recurring dreams reported... :sleep:

There is no escaping the downward spiral that you will feel for the next 15years...

No, but really once you're in medical school it is ssooooo much better than undergrad.

Just today:

Played hookey from the first lecture to play some football.

Skipped the second lecture to play table tennis, aka ping pong.

Talk about a bitchen day!

i wish this damn process is just a nightmare that i can wake up from soon...

I don't think your quite losing it, but you are definetly on the way there. You should probably take some time just for yourself and forget about medschool, the MCAT and the rest of your life for a little while. Distract yourself in the wonderful internet.

Some sites which might help take your mind off life in general:
www.wannawiki.com
www.jibjab.com
www.youforgotpoland.com