Jun 20, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I was just curious if anyone has retaken the MCAT and got the same test they had the first time? I know there are multiple versions out there, but is this even possible?

loveoforganic

-Account Deactivated-
10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2009
Status
I'm sure their test selection process isn't random. They probably have all previous passages and discretes taken stored in a database and cut those from the possible selected passages/questions. If you took the test a couple hundred times, I'm sure you'd eventually see plenty of the same passages and discretes though :p

Longshanks

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2009
New York
Status
Medical Student
I'm sure their test selection process isn't random. They probably have all previous passages and discretes taken stored in a database and cut those from the possible selected passages/questions. If you took the test a couple hundred times, I'm sure you'd eventually see plenty of the same passages and discretes though :p
I agree with this. Its most likely cut and paste of their database. Though, I will say though... there have been a passage here or there this year that people have posted about and made me think, wow that sounds really similar to something I saw on my first attempt two years ago.