Is this possible!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cgull2288

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious if anyone has retaken the MCAT and got the same test they had the first time? I know there are multiple versions out there, but is this even possible?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure their test selection process isn't random. They probably have all previous passages and discretes taken stored in a database and cut those from the possible selected passages/questions. If you took the test a couple hundred times, I'm sure you'd eventually see plenty of the same passages and discretes though :p

I'm sure their test selection process isn't random. They probably have all previous passages and discretes taken stored in a database and cut those from the possible selected passages/questions. If you took the test a couple hundred times, I'm sure you'd eventually see plenty of the same passages and discretes though :p

I agree with this. Its most likely cut and paste of their database. Though, I will say though... there have been a passage here or there this year that people have posted about and made me think, wow that sounds really similar to something I saw on my first attempt two years ago.