Is this schedule for second year first semester too much?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OtisO

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
It is hard for me to judge since I never took these classes. Does taking Organic I (3 credits), Bio 2 with Lab (5 credits), Psychology (3 credits) and Physics with lab (4 credits) for a total of 15 credit hours sound too bad? Right now I am taking 2 classes for graduation (core classes of 3 credits each) and Chem 2 and Bio 1 with labs (5 credits each) for a total of 16 credit hours... This would help me get going. I am ahead with the school's recommendations because I transferred freshman comp and calculus 1. Their 4 year plan for the biochem BS degree has physics 1 and two to be taken junior year but why wait? I want to get a lot of topics covered before I take the MCAT. I'm kind of a bumbling mess I know, just let me know what you guys think? I am doing fine right now, a little stressed because how long the chemistry chapter 15 took to take notes but other than that I have been putting up A-level work (Exam 1 for chem and bio were 97 and 98 percent respectively). THANKS SO MUCH

Members don't see this ad.

It Depends.

If someone took AP Psychology, AP Physics, and AP Bio then this courseload would be a breeze.

If someone went to a “gangsta” high school and claims to be a “thug” and their biggest accomplishment is being a “baby daddy”, that courseload is gonna be hell on earth.

Reactions: 1 user
It Depends.

If someone took AP Psychology, AP Physics, and AP Bio then this courseload would be a breeze.

If someone went to a “gangsta” high school and claims to be a “thug” and their biggest accomplishment is being a “baby daddy”, that courseload is gonna be hell on earth.

I fall under that someone who took AP Calculus, AP Government, AP Literature and AP Chemistry in one year. Only two sciences... Guess I'm doomed huh?

Members don't see this ad :)
Should be doable.

Source: I have to do 30 credits a year for my scholarship, so it averages to 15 for fall and spring.

Last edited:
You can probably do it, but get ready to work HARD. Last semester I took Orgo 1 lab and lecture, Calc 2, Calc-based Physics I, and a random philosophy class. If you procrastinate, you're done (unless you are some super genius or something) Honestly, taking that kind of workload was doable (not easy, doable) because I stayed on top of all my assignments and tried to start them a week in advance. I would say go for it, but make sure not to overload yourself if your grades are going to suffer. GPA is more important.