Is this summer enough time to study?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

f9559

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am going into my senior year and am applying at the end of my senior year.. I have this whole summer off and have finished all the courses needed for the MCAT, and am wondering if I start the online Kaplan program next week and study full time until the end of July, a couple days in August (i am going to be a counselor most of the month), and a week in Septmber, if I will be ready to take the MCAT in Sept.
Should I wait until next year after I graduate? or just go ahead and use the time now to study and take it?! Please helppp!!

Members don't see this ad.

I definitely do not think you should take the MCAT this year. That one month break will kill your MCAT score. The month before you take the test should be filled with practice tests and practice problems. You cannot condense that amount of practice into one week. Do some content review if you really want to get started, but I suggest waiting.

I definitely do not think you should take the MCAT this year. That one month break will kill your MCAT score. The month before you take the test should be filled with practice tests and practice problems. You cannot condense that amount of practice into one week. Do some content review if you really want to get started, but I suggest waiting.

Whoops, I must have missed that part about the OP being gone for a month. I agree with SN2ed: writing the test that soon after a month off is not a good idea. It's never too early to start studying though :laugh: