Is this too late to submit application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fingerscrossedd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Most health advisors tell you to submit your app ASAP, meaning take your MCAT in April/May, and submit the applications by early June. I just moved my test date to June 16, meaning I'll get my apps in by mid Julyish right? Is this too late?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

Most health advisors tell you to submit your app ASAP, meaning take your MCAT in April/May, and submit the applications by early June. I just moved my test date to June 16, meaning I'll get my apps in by mid Julyish right? Is this too late?

Thanks!

I'm not a pro on the timing, but I have a friend (n = 1) who took a mid-late June test date a couple years ago and felt that it didn't affect her cycle. 3 MD acceptances, ~3.7/30, moderate ECs, again n = 1

Yes, mid-July sounds right, and no, it's not too late

Members don't see this ad :)
You can still submit your app early and get your GPA verified while you wait for your MCAT scores, this will at least grease the wheels.

You'll be fine - another n=1 here, I only submitted my application in late June, verified by mid-late July. Accepted. There are plenty of people who apply later in the summer and still get accepted (vague generalization.) You can probably search MDapps for accepted students submitting the primary after a certain date.

My MCAT score will come out later than you, and some schools told me it's okay, while other ones bluntly told me that is BAD. So call the schools and ask.

However, a better but later score is always better than a bad + early score ... in my opinion