Is this too much?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxnfiend

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the fall semester I will be taking:

Biochemistry (4) Hard
Microbiology w/ Lab (3+2) Moderate with Easy Lab
Physics II w/ Lab (4+1) Hard with Moderate Lab

For a total of 14 credits. A little low on the credit hours but I think the difficulty alone will surely make up for that. Would this schedule be too much memorization for one semester? I am taking all these in the fall to have a relatively easy spring to study for the MCAT. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I agree, that doesn't too crazy tough.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with MilkmanAl... that sounds pretty standard/normal. You could (or *should*) likely add another 3-credit humanities or general studies class on top of that schedule and still be fine.

...Adding something like P-chem or O-chem with lab on top of that... maybe that would be a different story.

Biochemistry (4) Hard

For a total of 14 credits. A little low on the credit hours but I think the difficulty alone will surely make up for that. Would this schedule be too much memorization for one semester? I am taking all these in the fall to have a relatively easy spring to study for the MCAT. Any thoughts?

I'd be reluctant to say that micro is moderate, its supposed to be one of the easiest science classes you can take. I'd say that your schedule is totally fine, 14 credits is fine

I'd be reluctant to say that micro is moderate, its supposed to be one of the easiest science classes you can take. I'd say that your schedule is totally fine, 14 credits is fine

I was commenting on the level of hardness I have heard from friends that have already taken it haha

But okay thanks guys! And I would add another humanities or something but I actually just finished all of them required this semester.

Biochemistry (4) Hard

I feel like physics II lab would be easy, eventhough the course can be challenging if you dont have a good calc 2 background. but physics lab should be a joke compared to orgo lab

I feel like physics II lab would be easy, eventhough the course can be challenging if you dont have a good calc 2 background. but physics lab should be a joke compared to orgo lab

Yeah, for us, lab was part of lecture component in our university. Very easy.

You can probably add another course... if you manage time right and study material well, you should have plenty of time for other things.. like volunteering, if thats what your plan was.