Is this too pushy??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OrkidLover

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I talked to a clinic coordinator a while back about shadowing some doctors and she said they take lots of students and that she'll set it up for me. She gave me her email address, phone, and the clinic's website and all. I emailed her and she said she'll talk to the doctors, then I didn't hear from her at all for a week or so. I then sent her a subtle reminder e-mail disguised as "oh, this is my new availability and thanks so much for your help again". Then I still don't hear back for 2 or 3 weeks. Yesterday I left her a phone message. I'm thinking this is where I give up if still no word.

I think every premed trying to be proactive has faced rejections so it's nothing new. I just got confused because she seems like she was willing to take me on at our meeting and then just blows me off. I'm used to up-front rejection I guess. Even if it's a no, at least let me know so I move on and don't waste my time. Even b!tchy girls have the decency to do that.

Members don't see this ad.

Is there any way to find out if perhaps she has been out sick or there is another valid reason for her not responding? If that isn't the case, it sounds like time to pursue another avenue..

I had this happen to me, sorta. You can keep trying anyway. But I would start looking for alternatives.

I say keep trying. The worst she can tell you is no. There's no reason she should get made because if opportunities weren't available she shouldn't have made it seem like there were. All your doing is following up on an opportunity. In the mean time, I'd look elsewhere and just see what comes up first.