Is this topic off-limits for secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arbor_vitae

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a few secondary questions about times I've been under pressure and needed to work with others. I've been DJing massive events at my school and wanted to talk about these experiences, as there are a lot of components of working under pressure and coordinating with others, and it also shows another side of me and makes me stand out a bit.

However, there are a decent amount of stereotypes and stigma surrounding DJing; partying too much, not difficult to do, etc., which are actually not true, but are widely believed nonetheless. Do you guys think I should avoid talking about this entirely in my secondaries, even if I can write about it in a positive way?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a few secondary questions about times I've been under pressure and needed to work with others. I've been DJing massive events at my school and wanted to talk about these experiences, as there are a lot of components of working under pressure and coordinating with others, and it also shows another side of me and makes me stand out a bit.

However, there are a decent amount of stereotypes and stigma surrounding DJing; partying too much, not difficult to do, etc., which are actually not true, but are widely believed nonetheless. Do you guys think I should avoid talking about this entirely in my secondaries, even if I can write about it in a positive way?
I am not aware of a negative stereotype, and this would be a road-less-traveled topic for a Secondary essay that I'd be interested in reading, so IMO, go for it.

Reactions: 2 users
Agree -- I'd think a DJ would have to be skilled at reading the crowd, a strong and charismatic leader, expert in the type(s) of music being played. Yeah, you have to make it look easy -- but that doesn't mean it is. On the partying too much -- I see how that could be a stereotype, but again, you have to look like you're partying with the crowd but heaven help you if you lose your grip.

Reactions: 2 users