Is this true or vicious rumour???????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fender

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heard today on the great unwashed grapevine i.e (student rep) that the pass mark for Medical subjects within the horizons programme in UCD have been reduced from 50% to 40%. This is to bring it in line with all other the other horizon course modules? Is there any truth in this or have i wasted by vote by electing this pleb.

Members don't see this ad.

...the pass mark for Medical subjects within the horizons programme in UCD have been reduced from 50% to 40%.
Does it really matter?

They'll just bell the mark anyway to reflect the one or two individuals (if any) to get first class honours and the few to also fail each subject :rolleyes:

That is one thing that will never change in the Irish system - the fact that if you know something to a satisfactory standard, you will not get credit for it.

yeah, not quite sure what the problem is? if they bring the pass mark to a 40 like all other courses, it should be easier for you to pass and earn honors, or the same if they normalize the results. If they brought our pass mark to 40 we'd be delighted... ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't complain, believe me. Our pass mark shifts every year depending on class results. Last year it was set at 65%. A third of the class failed. :)

Nah just you hear so many mistruths and rumours around the place its like chinese whispers sometimes . My problems was not the reducing of the pass mark but more like wether or not it was true. Turns out it is true!

But with Horizons you have to hold your breath because what was true yesterday and today can be changed in a second tomorrow.

Their pass score could be 85 for all I care. I'll just be happy to get accepted, lol.