• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Is this type of update allowed??? or completely unconventional???

IlaEm

Sep 15, 2010
  1. Pre-Medical
    Hey all,

I know people generally update schools when they have a new research/volunteer experience, get published....etc.

I was hoping for your advice on the following.

I had an IRB audit at work (I am a clinical research coordinator) and received very high praises for my work and professionalism. The auditor spoke to one of my co-workers who then emailed the compliments to my boss (the P.I.) who then called me a "superstar." Can I update schools with the entire email thread? It consists of completely unprovoked compliments which I think look great. However I'm not sure what it would look like to send an email thread to schools saying "Hey, look what my co-workers and boss just said about me!!!!!! I'm awesome! :D"

Any thoughts! Thank you in advance!

About the Ads

Dianyla

in denial
    10+ Year Member
    May 26, 2006
    Portland, OR
    1. Pre-Medical
      If you forward it, they may not trust that it's genuine. You also might be violating company policies about confidentiality. Either the PI should forward that email thread directly to the medical schools, or preferably write a letter.

IlaEm

Sep 15, 2010
      1. Pre-Medical
        Thanks for the help! Yes, my boss was one of my letter writers. I'll probably end up calling the schools and asking if update letters from a letter writer is allowed. If they are not allowed, should I give up on the idea of using this or are there any other options?

Thanks again!:)

mmmcdowe

Duke of minimal vowels
        Staff member
        Administrator
        Volunteer Staff
        10+ Year Member
        Verified Expert
        Sep 13, 2008
        1. Resident [Any Field]
          Thanks for the help! Yes, my boss was one of my letter writers. I'll probably end up calling the schools and asking if update letters from a letter writer is allowed. If they are not allowed, should I give up on the idea of using this or are there any other options?

Thanks again!:)

The answer is yes.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.