Is this worth an update letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bagoftrailmix

Reaction score
I recently became a medical assistant and accrued many more clinical hours (~800 hours) at my full-time scribing job (my app states about 115 hours at a hospital). My duties have significantly increased, but I already wrote about this scribing job in my primary and the intent to become a medical assistant in my secondary.

I'm also particularly eager to go to this school as it's my top choice, but I can't help thinking that asking about my status or expressing my interest *isn't* (edit: changed from "is" at 6:43pm) going to help my chances significantly.

Any advice on if it's worth?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So you have accrued 685 additional scribing hours since you submitted your application? Wow! Have you started your medical assistant job yet? How many hours? Are you still scribing too?

Reactions: 1 users
So you have accrued 685 additional scribing hours since you submitted your application? Wow! Have you started your medical assistant job yet? How many hours? Are you still scribing too?

Yep, working full-time for 5 months now! So I'm now a scribe/MA and will do MA duties on top of scribing. Scribes in the room usually page for an MA to assist procedures in the middle of a visit as needed, but now I can just jump in and assist. I can also answer pages when I'm not scribing or room patients and remove sutures.

I took the MA exam only about two weeks ago, so I could say I've been MAing for 80 hours but that overlaps with scribing..which is still the majority of my work.

Edit: For more context, I scribe at a private practice dermatology clinic.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user