Is too many letters of eval bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

braek12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
^

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So I just realised (two weeks after schools got my certified application) that I submitted 5 letters in my health professions office committee packet when the cover letter states that only three letters are enclosed...

Has anyone ever been excluded from a school or grilled in an interview for sending too many LOEs? I would think too many letters is a good thing, but this could also be seen as not following directions...

Thanks for help all, you guys have really helped me get through the horrible med school application process

Why does the cover letter say there are only 3 enclosed? Just get a new cover letter.

I used a committee letter pack which included six letters on top of the committee letter for every school...it isn't holding me back so far at all! Don't worry about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah i had 7 letters and a committee letter... i think youre good

I think anywhere from 3-6 is the rule of thumb.

I attended a medical school open house for upcoming applicants and this question was asked. The medical school stated that while one or possibly two letters above their requirements was ok, much more than that will be looked upon unfavorably. The said that the number that they were asking for should give them a good indication of your character, and that if it takes many lor to give insight yo the applicant it raises questions about how well the lor writer actually knows you. Take that how you will, just stating what an actual medical school dean of admission said.

i also had so many letters bc of my schools requirement.
in our committee packet, apart from the committe letter we must submit:
4 academic LOR's from professors
1-3 non-academic LOR's from work and volunteer experiences