Is Tufts Worth 315k plus interest?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yup, I guess what separates those who truly want to become doctors to those who are in it just for the money is money itself. Desire to become a doctor has extend past the point of money issues.

all this system does is that it will eventually train bunch of people with some degree of lunacy since they no longer understand the reason of why, not to voluntarily walk into a prison, while the smart and self aware undergrads would have gone on to wall street or any high payin job for some years then live the rest of their life peacefully some where else.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, that is a lot of debt. Curious, have you crunched the numbers to see if medicine will be financially satisfactory for you?

I compared the salary of a petroleum engineer making 80,000 out of undergrad to a family medicine doctor and made it so both scenarios had the same expenditures (lifestyle). The doctor took a long time to catch up. I incorporated taxes and investments built up.

At some point, it would not make sense to do medicine as a career. What if current compensation didn't decrease in the future but tuition rose to 100,000 in today's dollars? If that occurs (when?) then one would have to seriously consider the military scholarships or another career.

How's he going to be a Petroleum Engineer with a degree in Biology? Assuming he's even good at engineering, did you factor in the time & costs it takes to get the degree?

And 'takes a long time to catch up', implies in the very long run it's at least even, so why would anyone pick a career they're not interested in?