Is UCLA kidding me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oski

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received a letter from UCLA telling me that I have been selected for further review, and I need to fill out their supplementary app. The letter is dated 3/11/02. When I checked their website, I found that they have had my UC application since 9/25/01. That is six months! These people are crazy.

Their letter also says that they are interviewing throught the end of March. Given that it is essentially the end of March, do you think that there is any chance I could get an interview?

I have already been accepted to school, and I can't stand the idea of having to write any more stupid little essays, but I will do it if there is a chance that I could go to UCLA.

Has anybody else received one of these late secondary requests?

Members don't see this ad.

the UCLA fundraising campaign is still in effect

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:••• the UCLA fundraising campaign is still in effect ••••LOL. How'd you get to be so cynical?

I got the same letter - I called them and was told that they're interviewing to the end of April.

Oski,

I'm not CA resident and was rejected from UCLA a couple of weeks ago :(

But here is my experience with Duke that might help you out. Duke had my application for four months and I didn't hear anything from them until a week before their last interview date! I had to do a regional interview and, like you, I thought I did not have any chance. But I said to myself that if I don't do it, I'll never know what could have happened. And guess what, now I have been accepted to Duke!!!
So my advice is, if you really like UCLA as I think you do, give it a try. At least you won't be sorry for losing an opportunity.

Good luck!

i know they are interviewing in april because i will be interviewing there the first week of april. just got the invite 4 days ago. it's a cheap secondary so take the chance and send it in!!!!!!

Thanks for the advice guys. I called them this morning, and they said they will probably be interviewing through the first weeks of May.

So now I am writing an 800 character essay about a "problem" in my life...I love these essays! They are so cool!

(But it's worth it if I get in.)

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Dr. Corday:
•Oski,

I'm not CA resident and was rejected from UCLA a couple of weeks ago :(

But here is my experience with Duke that might help you out. Duke had my application for four months and I didn't hear anything from them until a week before their last interview date! I had to do a regional interview and, like you, I thought I did not have any chance. But I said to myself that if I don't do it, I'll never know what could have happened. And guess what, now I have been accepted to Duke!!!
So my advice is, if you really like UCLA as I think you do, give it a try. At least you won't be sorry for losing an opportunity.

Good luck!•••••I just had a regional interview with Duke last week. How long did it take for you to receive word after your interview?