Is UCLA rolling?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dopaminesurge

My friends calls me Steve
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
They're the only ones I'm reallistically still waiting on (Harvard... Hahahahaha) - is all hope lost if I haven't heard by now? I'm not sure when I'm considered complete but my secondary and recs were received 8/21 and 8/23, respectively.

Members don't see this ad.

I believe that UCLA is non-rolling. The first round of acceptances are sent out in mid-January, and then are given out as necessary.
I'm also waiting/hoping/wishing/praying for a UCLA interview. Come on Bruins! Hook me up! :cool: :)

SanDiegoSOD said:
I believe that UCLA is non-rolling. The first round of acceptances are sent out in mid-January, and then are given out as necessary.
I'm also waiting/hoping/wishing/praying for a UCLA interview. Come on Bruins! Hook me up! :cool: :)
I need to hook myself up first dude.

Members don't see this ad :)
SanDiegoSOD said:

Praying indeed... Do you think most invites are out? Also, UCSF appears to be rolling, no? It said, when I got my invite, that it was to my benefit to schedule my interview as early as possible, so I took it to mean "do it before we fill our spaces." Yes? No?

SanDiegoSOD said:

UCLA is rolling, just a "slow rolling." They interview through the end of March I believe, and their first acceptances are given out January 15th. So it's always better to interview earlier than later, obviously.

dopaminesurge said:
Praying indeed... Do you think most invites are out? Also, UCSF appears to be rolling, no? It said, when I got my invite, that it was to my benefit to schedule my interview as early as possible, so I took it to mean "do it before we fill our spaces." Yes? No?

It's doubtful most invites are out. When I interviewed there, they gave me the impression that they operate very methodically, so I think there is a lot more time for interviews to occur. Don't give up hope :thumbup:

UCSF is also rolling too; all the UCs are, just some are a bit slower than others (though they are all definitely slow).

EnergyShotz said:
It's doubtful most invites are out. When I interviewed there, they gave me the impression that they operate very methodically, so I think there is a lot more time for interviews to occur. Don't give up hope :thumbup:

UCSF is also rolling too; all the UCs are, just some are a bit slower than others (though they are all definitely slow).

Observation: on the interview threads, there are no overlaps for the names on UCSF/UCLA. While I'm sure there are many overlaps overall (outside of SDN), this lead me to wonder if they exchange names, Ivy league style - like when Harvard lets an undergrad in early action and Yale/Princeton then reject him when April comes. Thoughts?

UCLA is definitely rolling. Acceptances don't start appearing until Late January, though.

dopaminesurge said:
Observation: on the interview threads, there are no overlaps for the names on UCSF/UCLA. While I'm sure there are many overlaps overall (outside of SDN), this lead me to wonder if they exchange names, Ivy league style - like when Harvard lets an undergrad in early action and Yale/Princeton then reject him when April comes. Thoughts?

So since I was rejected by UCSF I should have a better shot at another UC?

studentstudent said:
So since I was rejected by UCSF I should have a better shot at another UC?
no.

as for rolling admissions, im under the impression that all the UCs are rolling (and for that matter, most med schools ive looked at). im defining rolling as they give out acceptances in batches and not all at once. the fact that they schedule interviews through march and the deadline for secondaries is sometime in december (i think?), then they must be rolling if their first acceptances are in jan.