Is University of Arizona good for pre-med?

doctorgirl97

Mar 21, 2012
  1. Pre-Medical
    Is U of A a good college for pre-med? Are there many opportunities at U of A like internships, volunteering, research, etc? If you went there, can you please tell me your experiences at U of A being a pre-med student? Thanks so much! :)

JPodel

7+ Year Member
    Mar 2, 2012
    1. Pre-Medical
      Is U of A a good college for pre-med? Are there many opportunities at U of A like internships, volunteering, research, etc? If you went there, can you please tell me your experiences at U of A being a pre-med student? Thanks so much! :)
      Just do good on the MCAT and get a high GPA and you shouldn't have a problem getting into UA med school...

About the Ads

Ashers

Bacteria? Don't exist.
      15+ Year Member
      Apr 5, 2006
      Land of Entrapment
      1. Attending Physician
        Arizona has a great pre-med curriculum (basically any major will do, and the science classes are all good). If you're in the honors college, you have the opportunity to do research. I spent a year at UMC doing immunology research.

I was out of state, so I couldn't go to the med school, but they've changed that now. I loved being at Arizona, and they've had a whole bunch of new stuff added to the campus from when I first started in '99.

If you have questions, I'll answer them as best I can.

Go CATS!

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.