Is USN about to change their admission criteria?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

benyben

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.

Has anyone heard about USN changing - or wanting to change - their admission criteria (require a baccalaureate, pcat, and so on)?

I am hoping to apply for 2010, and it made me worried.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Letters of recommendation, pharmacy experience or a prior degree are NOT required.The Pharmacy College Admissions Test (PCAT) will be required for fall 2010 application (www.pcatweb.info).
That's on their website under Admissions Highlights.

Hello.

Has anyone heard about USN changing - or wanting to change - their admission criteria (require a baccalaureate, pcat, and so on)?

I am hoping to apply for 2010, and it made me worried.

Thanks
The less they require, the higher the GPA must be. I've read a lot about the applicants who actually got accepted to USN and their GPA were generally 3.7 and above.

Members don't see this ad :)
The less they require, the higher the GPA must be. I've read a lot about the applicants who actually got accepted to USN and their GPA were generally 3.7 and above.
I heard the GPA is high because they only look at the last XX units, so if you graduated with a 2.0 GPA in underwater basket weaving at your University but received straight A's at a community college, you'll be in the pool of applicants with a 4.0 GPA.

BTW, they don't require a single letter of recommendation? That comes as a surprise to me.

I heard the GPA is high because they only look at the last XX units, so if you graduated with a 2.0 GPA in underwater basket weaving at your University but received straight A's at a community college, you'll be in the pool of applicants with a 4.0 GPA.

BTW, they don't require a single letter of recommendation? That comes as a surprise to me.

you can apply for academic forgiveness. they only consider the last 5 years of academic work. the flip side is that you have to complete all your prereqs within the last 5 years to apply.

you can apply for academic forgiveness. they only consider the last 5 years of academic work. the flip side is that you have to complete all your prereqs within the last 5 years to apply.
Yes, that was it ... last 5 years of coursework. It's a shame that the schools that I've applied to doesn't do that.

This must suck for the applicants that needed a decade to complete their pre-reqs.

This must suck for the applicants that needed a decade to complete their pre-reqs.
Yup...but at least, it is better than most other professional programs/schools that doesn't consider it...just bluesickle said. So, it's good enough as it is(i.e. if they really "forgive" them).