Is Verbal the section you do best on too?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guitarguy23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seriously, I pretty much own EK101. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

i used to get 15s on the all the PS and BS practices I took... ya didn't hear me braggin'!

did you really start a thread to tell people you're awesome at verbal? lol

well, keep it up, save some of them for right before the real thing so you dont get rusty!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am horrible at Physics. I just wanted to make a thread that could potentially boost the confidence of those like me who are struggling through most of this MCAT prep business :)

I would rather do really well on the Physical Sciences section that Verbal...I actually heard from a med student that the adcoms at one SOM break down scores in this order:

1) BS (most important: they feel it has a direct correlation to how well you will do your first two years)
2) PS
3) Verbal (not so much actually!)

Kind of makes me sad, but hey at least I have an idea of what they're looking at when they break these scores down!

Congrats! What's your major?

I think Verbal is often maligned on SDN because there are a lot of ultra-left-brained folks that have been majoring in a science and haven't really had much of anything English/Literature related beyond the 101/102 writing course everyone takes freshman year. My degree is in theatre, and, while it's almost entirely useless, I do think it gives me a bit of an edge as far as interpretting text goes. I haven't done a lot of verbal practice but what I have done I have been doing well with. We'll see how I do during the actual test, though.